590. FREEDAY FREE FOOD FOR FRIENDS’ FREAKING FREETHINKING Vol 590
36 WORDS OF ELDERS
1) “Never fight a man under GRACE, because the GRACE he carries will DISGRACE you!”
2) “No African girl will choose Six packs over six Cars.. So my sons stop the gym and work hard!”
3) “Beware of the naked man who offers you clothes!”
4) “The death of a lion cannot be announced by a goat”.
5) “When one’s goat get missing, the aroma of a neighbor’s soup get suspicious”.
6) “The future belongs to the Risk takers, Not the Comfort seekers!”
7) “The words of the elders do not lock all the doors, they leave the right door open”.
8) “A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple!”
9) “Coca-Cola only sold 25 bottles the first year but kept going. Never give up!”
10) “Let not what you cannot do tear you from what you can do”.
11) “A child who asks questions does not become a fool”.
12) “The first person you think of in the morning, or last person you think of at night, is either the cause of your happiness or your pain!”
13) “Be careful who you trust! Salt and Sugar are both white!”
14) “To Make A Difference In Life, You Don’t Have To Be Brilliant, Rich, Beautiful, Or Perfect. You Just Have To Care!”
15) “Kindness is like butter, it works best when you spread it around!”
16) “The walls don’t only have ears, they also see!”
17) “The leopard is beautiful, but has a bad heart!”
18) “Everybody is a nobody, trying to be somebody!”
19) “Fake hair, fake nails, fake eye lash, artificial face, and sometimes, fake behavior. Yet, a woman will say she needs a real man!”
20) “Never open the door for an Armed Robber. Let them break it, its part of their Job!”
21) “Sometimes, you have to play the role of a fool to fool the fools who thinks they are fooling you!”
22) “One Man’s food is every other man’s food. Just because one idiot refuses to eat it doesn’t make it poison!”
23) “If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where HER prayer has not already been!”
24) “The only person that reads the terms & conditions is the one who writes it!”
25) “The Chief who doesn’t know what to say, says that his friend has said what he would have said!”
26) “Just because you met them at the church doesn’t mean they’re the ones. Demons go to church too!”
27) “A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful, when her lips are closed!”
28) “No matter how long the night, the day is sure to come!”
29) “A woman’s greatest perfume is the fragrance of her man’s success!”
30) “A wise person knows that there is something to be learned from everyone!”
31) “It requires wisdom to understand wisdom. The music is nothing, if the audience is deaf”!
32) “No matter how rich you are, you cannot pay for your sins”!
33) “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win!”
34) “Give them a chair, if they can’t stand your Success!”
35) “Be careful about the rumors you hear about a lady. It either comes from a man, who can’t have her, or a lady who can’t compete with her”!
36) “None of us is as smart as all of us. Work together achieve more”.
591. FREEDAY FREE FOOD FOR FRIENDS’ FREAKING FREETHINKING Vol 591
FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD
AFTER INDEPENDENCE, IN ORDER TO BUILD A GREAT NATION, EACH COUNTRY WENT TO WORK. BUT IN NIGERIA, AFTER INDEPENDENCE (IN 1960), OUR PEOPLE WENT TO PRAY AND FAST. SO, WHILE WE WERE PRAYING, MALAYSIA CAME HERE AND TOOK OUR PALM SEEDLINGS AND BUILT A GREAT FACTORY OF IT. WHILE WE WERE PRAYING, SINGAPORE WENT INTO INVESTMENT IN TECHNOLOGY. WHILE WE WERE PRAYING, INDIA WENT INTO ICT. WHILE WE WERE PRAYING, CHINA WENT TO MASSIVE INDUSTRIALISATION. WHILE WE WERE PRAYING, UAE WENT INTO MASSIVE INFRA STRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT. WHILE WE WERE BINDING AND CASTING LUCIFER, JAPAN WENT INTO TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT. WHILE WE WERE SPEAKING IN TONGUES, DENMARK WENT INTO EDUCATION OF HER CITIZENS. WHILE WE WERE MOUNTING BIG SPEAKERS IN OUR PLACES OF WORSHIP, USA WAS MOUNTING MAN ON THE MOON. After our prayers, God, being a wise God decided to reward us according to our labour. Since those that went into industrialisati on, technology, infra structural development, ICT, education etc have been rewarded accordingly. It’s only wise God rewards us with our efforts in prayers. That’s why today, Nigerian pastors are competing in building the biggest churches. That’s why there are more prayer houses and worship places than hospitals and schools. That’s why people rush to prayer houses for medical and business solutions instead of hospitals. That’s why we don’t do business visibility before jumping into it since we are going to back it up with prayers. And when it collapses, we blame devil. That’s why it’s a sin to say anything negative about Pastors and Imams. That’s why our Pastors don’t consider the opinion of engineers while building and blame devil when the building collapses. That’s why faith in God replaces building pillars and when it collapses we blame it on Lucifer. That’s why our Pastors are making sure they plant Church branches instead of schools on every street in Nigeria. That’s why we always wait for God to do for us that which ability would’ve accomplished. That’s why we want our teachers to labour on earth and go to heaven for their rewards. Nigeria is a prayer loving, God fearing nation. Religion has taken the place of technology, infrastructure, education etc. When travelling, we ignore all the necessary road requirements, servicing of our vehicles and pray. And, once we pray, we can put a half serviceable vehicles on the road and blame our step mothers or mothers in law if anything goes wrong. That’s why there are more people dying on our roads than wild animals in the forest. http://usafricaonline.com/2017/03/29/
By Prof. Abel Idowu Olayinka, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, is an applied geophysicist.
592. FREEDAY FREE FOOD FOR FRIENDS’ FREAKING FREETHINKING Vol 592
Dead Sea Vs Sea of Galilee
As you probably recall, the Dead Sea is really a Lake, not a sea. It’s so high in salt content that the human body can float easily. The salt in the Dead Sea is as high as 35% – almost 10 times the normal ocean water. And all that saltiness has meant that there is no life at all in the Dead Sea. No fish. No vegetation. No sea animals. Nothing lives in the Dead Sea. And hence the name: Dead Sea.
The other Sea is the Sea of Galilee. It happen that the Sea of Galilee is just north of the Dead Sea.
Both the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea receive their water from river Jordan. And yet, they are very, very different.
Unlike the Dead Sea, the Sea of Galilee is pretty, resplendent with rich, colourful marine life. There are lots of plants. And lots of fish too. In fact, the Sea of Galilee is home to over twenty different types of fishes.
Same region, same source of water, and yet while one sea is full of life, the other is dead. How come?
Here’s apparently why. The River Jordan flows into the Sea of Galilee and then flows out. The water simply passes through the Sea of Galilee in and then out – and that keeps the sea healthy and vibrant, teeming with marine life.
But the Dead Sea is way below the main sea level that it has no outlet. The water flows in from the river Jordan, but does not flow out. There are no outlet streams. It is estimated that over 7 million tons of water evaporate from the Dead Sea every day. Leaving it salty, too full of minerals and unfit for any marine life.
So the Dead Sea takes water from the River Jordan, and holds it. It does not give. The result? No life at all.
Mind you, the sea of Galilee does not discriminate. It’s gives off its water freely to the open sea this is what keeps it fresh and alive. This is what our dying world needs most today.
Think about it. Life is not just about getting. It’s about giving. We all need to be a bit like the Sea of Galilee.
We are fortunate to have wealth, knowledge, love and respect. But if we don’t learn to give, we could all end up like the Dead Sea. The love and the respect, the wealth and the knowledge could all evaporate like the water in the Dead Sea.
If we get the Dead Sea mentality of merely taking in more water, more money, more everything, the results can be disastrous. Nature communicates to us all the time and this is one perfect example !
In the sea of your own life, make outlets; many outlets. For love, peace, happiness, joy and everything else you get in your life, make sure you don’t just get; give as well.
Open the taps and you’ll open the floodgates to happiness. Make it a habit to share and you will experience the richness of life.
593. FREEDAY FREE FOOD FOR FRIENDS’ FREAKING FREETHINKING Vol 593
I AM A WOMAN!!!
So what? I get into an argument with a man, he slaps me, I feel the pain, yet they tell me I provoked him. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.
I get into an argument with a man, I slap him, they tell me I have no respect, no home training. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him. Because I am a woman, I don’t have a right to be angry. So, the degree of my innocence is directly proportional to the degree of my silence in the face of oppression and brutality…..
Because I am a woman, my husband cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it to save my marriage. The barbaric and stupid excuse is that ”it is in their nature to cheat, I should slim down, dress better, cook better, pray harder and be more pleasant to him”
I cheat, and I am called a whore, I have committed an abomination, I have no right to look elsewhere for the love and emotional support I lack at home, I am an irresponsible mother.
So I am sent packing, from the home we both built, with all my earthly possessions stuffed into a tiny box on my head. I am henceforth forbidden from seeing my two older children, I’m lucky to be allowed to go with my little one still suckling on my left breast. Three years later, the little one is tagged a bastard. Now, my new name is “after- three”, because I am a woman.
He is 28 and runs a company. He’s tagged wonderful, hardworking, focused, career oriented, successful at a very young age.
I am 28 and I run a company “Hmmmm…. she is not even married, unserious, can not order her priorities right, a hustler, loves money, let her go and get a husband oh” And I wonder if being successful has anything to do with a person’s gender.
Because I am a woman, I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy, I cannot be financially buoyant, professionally successful or be treated with respect without a man beside me.
Then I am tagged a generous leg opener, “a runs girl”. They never see the possibility that I actually had to go through ups and downs to get to where I am, because I am a woman.
A man looses his wife to death and remarries a year after, he did the right thing, he’s being praised and congratulated for moving on, after all life is for the living.
A woman looses her husband to death and remarries after 4yrs, “aaah! so early? Are u sure she wasn’t sleeping with that man even when her husband was alive? That was why she killed her husband. She’s a witch! Because she’s a woman.
Because I am a woman, this post will be considered controversial, and everyone will try to correct me. But don’t forget, that I am a woman and it does not make me less human!!!
Share to respect some woman and Tell your woman that you love her : *Who is a woman?????* When she is quiet, millions of things are running through her mind. When she stares at you, she is wondering why she loves you so much in spite of being taken for granted. When she says I will stand by you, she will stand by you like a solid rock. Never hurt her or take her for granted. A very heart touching message by a woman. Someone asked her, Are you a working woman or a housewife? She replied: Yes, I am a full-time working housewife. I work 24 hours a day. I’m a Mum. I’m a Wife. I’m a Daughter. I’m a Daughter- in-law. I’m an Alarm clock. I’m a Cook. I’m a Maid. I’m a Teacher. I’m a Waitress. I’m a Nanny. I’m a Nurse. I’m a Handywoman. I’m a Security officer. I’m a Counsellor. I’m a Comforter. I don’t get holidays. I don’t get sick leave. I don’t get day off. I work through day and night. I’m on call all hours and get paid with a sentence. “What Do U Do All Day??” This Is Dedicated to all women*** A Woman has the most unique character like salt! Her presence is never remembered, but her absence makes all the things tasteless. Pass it to all the lovely ladies…Ur Mother. Ur Wife. Ur daughter. Ur sister & Ur friend. Forward to every woman to make her smile and to every man to make him realize a woman’s worth.
594. FREEDAY FREE FOOD FOR FRIENDS’ FREAKING FREETHINKING Vol 594
I am a typical Nigerian Doctor
My knowledge is usually perceived as pride. My understanding as arrogance. When a nurse says to eat before paracetamol injection is given and I say, you can give it without food. She feels I am proud and arrogant. When a medical laboratory scientist says the PCV is 30% and patient does not need blood and I say the patient is in circulatory failure nonetheless and he needs to be transfused urgently, he feels I am egotic, stubborn and proud and doesn’t want to be corrected but he isn’t mindful of my clinical knowledge that says any blood loss that causes circulatory failure is an urgent indication for blood transfusion. When the pharmacist says the diazepam I have requested for a tetanus patient is too much and I say spasm is still not controlled and ceiling dose of diazepam not yet reached, he feels I am proud but my knowledge won’t let me keep quiet. I commit my knowledge to giving the best care to my patient and for it I am perceived as being proud. While I am imperfect and at times may really be proud as I am a human, my knowledge betrays me to my observers most times. I have my faults. I have been corrected by nurses severally and I have had to correct them too. I have had prescriptions returned to me for adjustment and I have had to go correct the pharmacists too. I have learnt from the medical laboratory scientists several times and I have had to go educate them too many times. But I observed over time that most of my problems and challenges with other health professionals stemmed from my age and my knowledge being misinterpreted as pride. Most feel ” she is younger than me and she feels she knows more”, “We have been in this profession before she was born” , “How can a girl be telling me what to do”, ” She feels she knows something abi?” And many more. My naivity and humanity makes me want to resist any one who despises my youthfulness and anyone who has issues with what I know. It is a fact that this is Nigeria and our tradition and culture is vested with respect for the elders. This undoubtedly has a bearing in work place relationship and if there will be any smooth running of things, it must be embraced. But of note is the fact that work ethics have been downplayed by cultural rites in work place and so many rifts ensued asuch. Don’t feel big to participate in a ward round by a doctor younger than your last born. Don’t think it absurd to be directed by someone younger. Don’t act uncultured by being disrespectful to a much older ward maid because you are a doctor or a nurse. Let peace reign. Let’s go back to the practise in the 60’s as per work relationship. Let’s stop indoctrinating our students against other health professionals. These are seeds that will grow but we can choose not to plant them. We can choose to make things right.
I love nurses I respect pharmacists I love the medical laboratory scientists I respect the ward maids I love the medical record officers I respect the physiotherapists I love the optometrists I respect the radiographers I love the plaster technicians I respect the CHEW
Please love and respect me too.
May we have a healthcare that works and loves.
Credits: Romoke Yekinni-Ogunko