1. There is nothing that threatens the security of a wife than the thought of another woman competing for the attention and affection of her husband. To her it is painful. To her it is disrespecting. To her it is insulting. To her it is more belittling and degrading especially if she is better than the other woman in many areas.
2. Marriage flourishes when the couple works together as a team; when both husband and wife decide that winning together is more important than keeping score.
Good marriages don’t just happen. They are a product of hard work.
3. Your children are watching you and forming lasting opinions on love, commitment, and marriage based on what they see in you. Give them hope. Make them look forward to HAPPY & HARMONIOUS marriage.
4. Husbands: The reason why other women look attractive is because someone is taking good care of them. Grass is always green where it is watered and fertilized. Instead of drooling over the green grass on the other side of the fence, work on yours and water it regularly. Any man can admire a beautiful woman, but it takes a true gentleman to make a woman admirable and beautiful.
5. When a husband puts his wife first above everyone and everything except God, it gives his wife the sense of security and honor that most wife hungers for.
6. A successful marriage doesn’t necessarily require a big house, a perfect spouse, a million dollars or an expensive car. You can have all the above and still have a miserable marriage. A successful marriage requires honesty, undying commitment and selfless love with focus on God at the center of it all.
7. Pray and work for and with your spouse every day; in the morning, in the afternoon and at evening. Don’t wait until there is a problem. Don’t wait until there is an affair. Don’t wait until something bad happens. Don’t wait until your spouse is tempted. Shield your spouse with prayer and cover your marriage with the fence of prayer and appropriate actions of love.
8. The people you surround yourself with have a lot of influence on your marriage. Friends can build or break your marriage; choose them wisely.
9. One spouse cannot build a marriage alone when the other spouse is committed unwittingly to destroying it. Marriage works when both husband and wife work together as a team to build their marriage.
10. Don’t take your spouse for granted. Don’t take advantage of your spouse’s lovingness and goodness. Don’t mistake your spouse’s loyalty for desperation. Don’t misuse or abuse yours spouse’s trust. You may end up regretting after losing someone that meant so much to you.
11. Beware of marital advice from inexperienced or untrained people. Regardless of how sincere their advice may be, most of it is may be theoretical and not derived from sound awareness. If you really need Godly advice, seek it inwardly from God
12. Dear wife, Don’t underestimate the power of the tongue on your marriage. The tongue has the power to crush your marriage or build it up. Don’t let the Devil use your tongue to kill your spouse’s image, self-confidence and aspirations. Let God use your tongue to build up your marriage and bless and praise your spouse.